What You Need:
- Cork Notice Board (You can pick these up for less than a tenner)
- Hanging Basket Moss Effect Liner (I picked up some from Amazon, sold as a roll 200cm x 60cm although it turned up more like a blanket folded not rolled)
- A Glue Gun
How to Do It:
- Cut a rectangle of the liner slightly larger than the notice board.
- Next put a line of glue along one of the long edges of the notice board about half an inch in from the frame.
- Now stick down one of the long edges of the liner to the same long edge of the board
- Leave it aside for a couple of minutes for the glue to cool and set.
- Repeat for all four sides.
- Tuck the excess on the edges under the frame.
|Here's a close up of what the texture looks like|
So, cheap as chips, very sturdy and dead easy to make, what more could a fella on a budget want?
Here's a sneak peak of my High Elf Archers for "The Battle for Maugthrond Pass" on it to show off what it looks like with minis on it.
It's a sneak peak as I'm one Archer short as a bow snapped and disappeared during painting. Luckily I found a spare and he's in the process of being painted at the moment to join his fellows. As soon as he's done I'll do a proper post about them.
I'm considering making at least one more but by cutting the liner and leaving a bare strip running down the middle which I'll sand/gravel to create a road. There's also no reason not to try the same trick to create a river too using a water effect solution or inked PVA.
Anyhow, I'd best crack on, I've got a mountain more Elves to paint!
Thanks for reading my drivel, any comments welcome as usual.