Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Because a Warlord can never have enough Clanrats

I've been nowhere near as prolific as I was in the build up to last years BOYL when I repainted my Plague Monks and painted 6 or so Plague Censer Bearers, a unit of Giant Rats, a unit of hand weapon armed Slaves, 2 Warpfire Thrower Teams, 2 Rat Ogres, 4 or 5 Pack Masters, 6 Storm Vermin and 5 or 6 Gutter Runners. I can't remember how many exactly I painted but I do remember as was exceedingly time consuming because I was in a lot of trouble for ignoring Mrs. Snickit! That said, we soon made it up because a couple of months later we found out Little Snickit was on the way..................................

It's due to the arrival of Little Snickit that I've not gotten much done this year. After returning from dropping "her indoors" off at her parents last weekend I got back on Sunday with desire to get something done, after all one can not allow for the passing of a BOYL without removing something from the lead pile and adding it to the painted stash!

Here's my first batch of painted figs for BOYL2015, nothing too amazing, 7 more Skaven Clanrats with spears, 3 of which are 24_Cigarettes' favourite Skaven mini - don't hate me 24, I'm not really showing off (I've got a lot more of this mini already painted up after all).






I'm hoping to get two Escher Gangers, a unit of High Elves plus a High Elf Character done before Friday when myself and "Quick Ben" will be heading up to the Foundry with an eye on getting there at around about midday to meat up with Dear Brother Erny, the other OGRES and all the other Oldhammerers.

I'm hoping to get at least one more post in before then but of not then I look forward to seeing some of you there, come say "Hi".

Right, now I just need to try and remember where the jungle meat kebabs were sold...........................



8 comments:

  1. Is that one on the far left an Advanced Heroquest skaven? The pose looks right, but he looks too good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, both of the two on the outside are similar posed and are both lead, I believe they're the ones that the Advanced Heroquest Skaven were based on.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you do your Skavens, they look suitably dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's just because I have a rough and messy style, by coincidence it works for Skaven =)

      Delete
  3. Great colour scheme that fits them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, you'll see many more examples of this "scheme" dotted all over this blog (well, in the rat orientated posts)

      Delete
  4. Ha lol
    No hatred here dude, it was hard for me to get my hands on the fig. and he was a pleasure to paint. Collecting classic citadel is getting harder and harder so I am envious of your collection. Bravo.
    Glad to see you back at the table and in service to the horned rat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am indeed, and I've even got a BOYL Battle Report to bring to the Blog of Skaven Vs Empire...............................

      Maybe some day I'll post up a picture of all of that figure that I have painted up, I think I have over 20 of them.

      Delete